Wednesday, September 12, 2012
OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
How To Make Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Oatmeal raisin cookies just like mom used to make…with a little VideoJug twist. There's nothing like a warm batch of oatmeal raisin cookies. Young or old, who among us can have just one? Follow our chef, "CJ" aka Chris Jacobson through cookie dough heaven.
240 g rolled oats
75 g coconut , shredded
230 g raisins
200 g brown sugar
190 g white sugar
230 g butter
150 g flour
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
parchment paper (optional)
1 electric mixer (optional)
1 cooking sheet
The Sweet Stuff
* In a large mixing bowl ( or electric mixer) cream together 1 cup (230 g) butter, 1 cup (200 g) brown sugar and 1 cup (190 g) white sugar until incorporated.
* Using a sifter or other similar filter, combine 1 1/2 cups (150 g) flour, 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp salt. Sift together onto a clean piece of parchment paper.
* Add 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla extract to the creamed butter and sugar and mix together.
* Slowly add the flour, baking soda and salt mixture to the batter and mix well.
* Once mixed, add 3 cups (240 g) rolled oats, 1 cup (75 g) shredded coconut and 1 1/2 cup (230 g) raisins and continue mixing until incorporated.
Spoon And Bake
* Spoon the batter into large, rounded balls and place on a non-stick or greased cooking sheet.
* Bake the oatmeal raisin cookies in a 350°F - 180°C - Gas Mark #4 oven for 7-9 minutes.
Cool And Enjoy
* Allow the oatmeal raisin cookies to cool for a few minutes and harden before serving. Enjoy!